Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can we have a limit please?

I'm not talking about credit cards, weight or toys (though there should be a limit on those too!). I would like one on the amount of questions a 4-year old can ask in one day. They should get a dial to tell how many they've asked. Once they reach it, no more questions allowed. "Mommy, where are we going? Why are we stopping here? What are you doing?" Some of the questions they come up with are pretty funny too.

Here is one conversation I had with said 4-year old a few months ago.

child: "Mommy, where are you going?"
mom: "Crazy."
child: "Where is crazy?"

He is starting to get the concept of the city/town, state and country. I'm just waiting for him to ask if Crazy is in the USA.

I can just see this city. There will need to be one in every state and some states get two. These would be full of moms. You could stay anywhere from 1 hr. to a few days depending on how "crazy" you have become.

One day I was speaking to my uncle on my mom's side and he asked me how it was going being a stay-at-home mom of 3. My reply was, "It is a good thing I don't drink. There are some days I'd never be sober." He thought that was funny. It is just hard work to take care of children. The moms who work outside of the home are some strong women. I used to work outside the home, but that was only when I had 2. My home is not perfectly cleaned. It probably won't be until all the children have moved out. The dishes will still be there later, but your children are only this age once. I'm just trying to enjoy them at the age they are.

With that being said, it is time for the baby to have an afternoon nap and wearing out the other 2 outside. I hope everyone has a great day. Get out and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments: