Saturday, April 11, 2009

Today

Well today promises to be busy day. I'm meeting the mom's group today to make candy for Easter. The group has been up and running for about a month. I've had 1-2 ladies and their children show up. I was starting to get down about the number. Well for this scheduled event there are 10 ladies coming. We did have to get people to RSVP cause we had to plan for snacks.
Then afterwards, I will be going to the gym to work off the little "nibbles" that I take. Of course, they will only be nibbles. This evening we have a birthday party for my niece. At some point today, I need to work in alterations and creating.

I'm working on a cute teddy bear blanket. I'll post a picture when the parts are done.

Yesterday, we went to my parent's house and started doing some outside, "prepping" for planting. I undercovered the stepping stones from the grass growing over them. I had the boys help me look for "surprises" aka worms. They thought that was great. It was nice to get out and moving.

Since I've started working out, I've had a lot more energy. The boys and I do so much more together. I had a hard time after this last baby with the post-partum depression. My children didn't need to see me like that and I didn't enjoy it either. I guess that is what scares me most about if we have another. Post-Partum. Drugs would have been a last resort. I had no desire to be dependant on medication. Just getting out and playing in the snow (when we had it) or walking helped improve my spirits so much. My midwife encouraged me to join a PPD support group. The number was sitting in my pocket for weeks. It was nice to know that I had it, but I never used it. I probably should have.

Well, I've had my 2 cups of coffee. I'll probably splurge and get a 3rd. Dishes are calling.

No comments: