Friday, August 28, 2009

Day by Day

Here we are 1 week and 1 day after the surgery. Things are going better than I expected. Of course, you really never know what to expect. People can tell you what happened with them or someone they knew, but each person is an individual. That is the way that God made us.

The doctor told me after 3 days that I'd be up and about. The nurse, who had the same prognosis/surgery, told me it would be a good week or more. Well, I think I fell somewhere in between. I just wish that I had the OK to get back to working out. I really do miss it.

Things seem to be moving. I slept for the first 3 days. The nurse told me not to be a hero and take the pain meds when I needed to. So I have. I've only had to take 2. Yes, 2! On the bottle it says "take for incisional pain." There is no "incisional pain".

When I swallow, I do have to bring my chin down. For some reason the job of swallowing pulls at the stitches. Other than that, no pain.

As far as my creations are coming along, it is a fun and exciting time. I've had someone ask for me to make a monkey hat that looks like "Boots" from Dora the Explorer. So I've done my best. I like how it has turned out. Who knows maybe one of my children will end up being Boots also.

That's all for now. Have a great day and wonderful weekend!

No comments: