Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Have you ever . . .

Have you ever felt so loved you wanted to cry? That is the thought that has hit so close to home in the recent days.

When I was first diagnosed, my Dad and Mom made phone calls to family members without computer access. My grandfather, Mom's Dad, told her to pass on a message to me. "Don't fear it. Fight it." He said this in reference to the cancer. He was also diagnosed with cancer although a different kind. That saying keeps rolling around in my head.

There are many Bible verses about fear that go along with that statement. One of them is: Psalms 27:1 "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Today along with cleaning and organizing, I'm drinking my weight in water. After midnight, I must fast until after the surgery. When I mentioned to the nurse about the hour and 5 people it took to try to get an IV in, she told me to drink water until I could float away. So that is what I'm doing. :)

On another note, I realized I have not updated the information about my trip to a healthy life. I'm holding steady at 213 lbs. and I've lost 9.5". This has been 5 months of hardwork, but I know it can be done.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Great job on the weight loss!! Will be praying for you!!!

♥ Amy said...

Briana,
Jennie requested prayer for you on her blog. I had to pop over here to "meet" you. I'll be praying.