Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fall is coming!

Fall is my favorite time of year. The leaves turn and the weather cools. The air is crisp like a fresh picked apple. Piles of leaves waiting for some child/adult to jump into it. There is a smell for fall that is hard to describe. If you've ever experienced it, you won't soon forget it.

Many people have told me that they still pray for me during this recovery time. I just wanted to say THANK YOU! There have been many times where I've felt the presence and peace that only comes with being surrounded by the prayers of faithful people.

I did get to make a midnight run to the ER. This was for myself. The surgeon told me to call if I ever felt a tingling in the lips. Well, I did last night. So I went down, only to find out that I needed more calcium. :{ I got caught up on my sleep this afternoon. I was a zombie in church though. Very tired.

I've gotten the Boots-inspired hat and tail from Dora the Explorer done. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I also finished a Thomas the Train inspired hat. My children knew exactly who it was. Now they are bringing me every toy they own asking for a hat made to represent that toy. Some of the requests are just silly. Others have some merit. The excitement of children is contagious!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

LOVE Fall!!!

And your boots hat and tail were just sooooo cute!! Did you follow a pattern or just make that up yourself?? Did a great job either way! =)

Briana's Blog said...

I made that up. I only have a pattern for the basic helmet/earflap hat. The ears and such are out of my mind's eye.