Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Still So Much To Do

It seems that housework is never-ending especially when you are trying to prepare ahead of time. I had to take my wedding ring off. No jewelry allowed in surgery. My middle son has now misplaced it and he doesn't remember where. That is more incentive for me to get busy cleaning.

I pulled out the paper the nurse gave me. On it are a list of numbers and when to call each. So I went to call for my time to report and where, but it was not time yet. I have to call between 2 and 4 PM. That is a pretty small window. Especially when my oldest 2 have swim lessons at 3 and 3:30PM. I leave the house at 2:30PM. There will be approximately 30 min. for me to make a call and get 3 children ready to go. I truly hope and pray that they answer on the first call as I don't know how many I will be able to make in that 30 min.

One positive that I can get from this is that I will be getting a lot of time to sit. Many hats will be accomplished/finished. We'll see how crazy they look while I'm taking pain medicine. :) I don't take a lot of medicine, so this should be easy. I don't want my body to become immune to medications, so that when I do need them, they work.

A small project I'm working on for my store is a Clifford hat. In my etsy store is a knit/crochet dog ear hat. A lady contacted me about making it in red for her unborn son. I'm having so much fun. Then I also need to make a monkey hat to fill another order.

Just my personal opinion, knitting seems so much smoother than crochet. Crochet can get chunky at times. Knitting also has more give, so it stretches further. My crochet is right where the "sample" measurements say it should be.

Anyway, enough for now. I need to get more things organized/cleaned. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

You have been in my prayers much!!!